This qualification reflects the role of individuals who provide leadership and strategic direction in the marketing and communications activities of an organisation. They analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual and managerial competencies.
Their knowledge base may be highly specialised or broad within the marketing and communications field. Typically they are accountable for group outcomes and the overall performance of the marketing and communication, advertising or public relations functions of an organisation.
- Student should be 18 years of age or over
- Completed year 12 (HSC or Equivalent)
- Have sound communication skills:
- Provide IELTS certificate showing a score of 5.5 or above (or equivalent)
- Undertake and successfully complete The One International College Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment
- Be able to satisfactorily participate in pre-enrolment interview
- Have completed all core units of Diploma of Marketing and Communication
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Director Marketing
- Marketing manager
- Regional marketing manager
- Global marketing manager
- Marketing strategist
It is planned that a student will complete all 12 units of competency within a two calendar year of commencement
- Delivered over 104 weeks of institutional based training and assessment
- 18 weeks school breaks
- 20 hours study per week
- Approximately 4 hours individual studies per tuition week
STUDENT SUPPORT & GUIDANCE
Where the student is experiencing any difficulties he/she should be referred to the Principal who will seek to assist. If the student’s needs exceed The One International College’s support capacity it will refer the student to an appropriate external agency.
It is The One International College’s policy to provide additional learning assistance to students who are struggling without involving any additional costs.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
|Code||Unit of Competence||Core or Elective|
|BSBMKG603||Manage the marketing process||Elective|
|BSBMKG607||Manage market research||Elective|
|BSBMKG608||Develop organisational marketing objectives||Elective|
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan||Core|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans||Core|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan||Elective|
|BSBADV602||Develop an advertising campaign||Core|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development||Elective|
|BSBMKG606||Manage international marketing programs||Elective|
|BSBMKG605||Evaluate international marketing opportunities.||Elective|
Participants who successfully complete this course will be issued with a BSB61315 – Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication. A Statement of Attainment will be issued to participants who partially complete this course.